Wednesday, May 21, 2014

God Can Use EVERYONE We Elected


Proverbs 29:1-2 - Whoever stubbornly refuses to accept criticism will suddenly be broken beyond repair.  When the godly are in authority, the people rejoice. But when the wicked are in power, they groan.

 

How very fitting that I would read this verse on the evening of the primary elections in our nation. I will turn on the news shortly after posting this devotional to see if I will rejoice or groan at the names I read.

 

But whether I groan or rejoice….God knew what the results would be….and he has a plan to use the ones that man elected to office either way. My real job this morning should be to whisper a prayer to God to cover each and every official….and use them to do his work….whether I agree with the results or not.

 

Father….thank you for the reminder that you are still in control…and you will use all things to your glory. Help me to stop and take the time to pray for those that were elected into office yesterday…and ask you to fill them with your power to see the choices they should make to help your plan become real to all of us.  Let any groans I utter be to you alone….that you transform any evil into your love for others. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment