Tuesday, May 6, 2014

God Can See Everything We Do


Proverbs 15:3 - The eyes of the Lord are in every place, Keeping watch on the evil and the good.

 

Solomon included this reminder of God’s supernatural ability to keep watch on all of us… everyone….believer or nonbeliever. His eyes can penetrate every home…every workplace.  He knows everything that is happening….everywhere on the Earth.

 

It has always been hard for me to wrap my mind around this truth of God. The world reached a population of over 7 billion people in 2010…according to the worldwide census.  God sees everyone of those 7 billion people….24 hours a day. I have a hard time watching 30 in a classroom for 50 minutes.

 

It gives me a reverence for God …to know that he can see everything I do.  I can either disrespect him with my bad choices….and know that I am disappointing him….or I can do the right thing…and feel the  warmth of his smile. 

 

It also gives me a great sense of comfort…knowing that he sees all the evil in the world too. He will only allow it to go so far….before his judgment is passed down and the world is cleansed of evil for good. 

 

Father…thank you for this reminder that your eyes are able to see everything I do. Forgive me for the times that I have forgotten the promise I made to keep your rules…and disappointed you. Help me to always remember that you are watching me…so I can feel your warm smile….and know that you are proud of me. Thank you for keeping a watch on the bad things that happen around me….and helping me to know that you are in control…even when I get worried about what is happening around me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment