Thursday, May 22, 2014

We Don't have To Understand....Just Trust


Proverbs 30:1-3 -  The message of Agur son of Jakeh. An oracle. I am weary, O God; I am weary and worn out, O God. I am too ignorant to be human, and I lack common sense.  I have not mastered human wisdom, nor do I know the Holy One.

 

This chapter is a collection of wise sayings from a man named Agar….a teacher from Massa.  His message is one that mirrors the feelings of many on this Earth….just weary from a hard day’s work….or confused about something that may have happened in their life.

 

One tidbit we can be sure of is the infinite nature of God.  Isaiah 45:18 says…. “For the LORD is God, and he created the heavens and earth and put everything in place. He made the world to be lived in, not to be a place of empty chaos."I am the LORD," he says, "and there is no other.”

 

We are just not meant to know everything about the world and the God that created it.  He will leave some things a mystery to us …just because he is God…and he is in charge. But the cool thing about that is that we don’t have to understand everything…just trust.

 

Father…thank you for the reminder that I just need to accept the things I cannot understand as part of your great plan…for I know that Jeremiah 29:11 tells me that it is a plan that includes hope for my future. Forgive me for the times that I have let my weariness overcome my deeper need to just trust you….and help me to build my trust in you….and know that something good will always come of everything that happens.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment