Friday, May 23, 2014

True Beauty Comes From A Deep Love Of God


Proverbs 31:30 - Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; but a woman who fears the LORD will be greatly praised.

 

This last chapter of Proverbs was written by King Lemuel of Massa. He records that his mother taught him how to revere and respect the godly women in his life.  His words have become a guidebook for all of us …a way to achieve the highest praise from God for our efforts to be the best that we can be.

 

He tells us to be strong…..work hard…and revere God more than any other thing in our lives. He tells us to develop a faith in God that replaces any fear of growing old.  He tells us that a woman’s true beauty does not lie in her ability to charm others or win any beauty pageants….but in the love that she allows God to build in her heart. 

 

I have to admit that I needed the reminder last night….I have a lot of work to do if I am to become a true Proverbs 31 woman.  I need to let God take total control of who I am….so he can use the years I have left to love others with a more godly love.

 

Father …thank you for the reminder that I am a work in progress.  Help me to worry less about the outside of this body you gave me…and more about the character you can develop on the inside.  Forgive me for the times that I have fallen so very short of this model you gave me to live by.  Help me to place more emphasis on you….and how you can help me be a more godly example for others.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment