Thursday, May 8, 2014

Love Is Magnified In Our Grandchildren


Proverbs 17: 6 - Children's children are the crown of old men, And the glory of children is their father.

 

Solomon had to have felt the joy of being a grandparent to have included this verse in chapter 17. It is a joy hard to explain to those that have not reached that milestone. Simply put from this grandmother of one….the love you have for your children is magnified in the love you feel for their children.

 

As we approach mother’s day 2014….it dawns on me that no other present I will ever receive will top the love I get from that sweet Jamie girl.  And even though we are separated by miles …our love is constant….her nana hugs ….and cry’s of delight …immediate when we are able to broach the distance and spend time with each other.

 

I would never have felt this joy without the help of my daughter….so my children become a present in themselves ….as I reflect on the best mother’s day gifts I have ever had. If God sees fit to bless my boys with a mate they can love forever….I will have a quiver full of the precious children we call our pride and joy.  My crown is already overflowing with happiness from the one…so I can’t imagine how it will feel to have more than one.

 

Thank you God for my granddaughter. Bless the sweet daughter that shares her with me….and fill their lives with people that will keep them in the path you want them to take in life. Help me to model for her the love of the father who gave us all life…..and his son that gave his only son to provide a future of hope ….and life for eternity. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment