Thursday, May 29, 2014

Enjoy What You Have...Stop Chasing The Wind


Ecclesiastes 6:9-10 - Enjoy what you have rather than desiring what you don't have. Just dreaming about nice things is meaningless; it is like chasing the wind. Everything has already been decided. It was known long ago what each person would be. So there's no use arguing with God about your destiny.

 

Solomon wisely puts the complex issue of destiny into two simple verses. He tells us that when we are making choices about our future…to avoid collecting material possessions ….just because they are nice things. He tells us to be content with what we already have…and never argue with God about our future.

 

God has a plan for our future….he told us in Jeremiah 29:11 that it was to prosper us and give us hope. But since he created us with free will…we sometimes make choices that delay his plans for us.  God already knows what mistakes we will make…he alone sees the big picture…and whether we will eventually focus our hearts completely on him…so he can move ahead with his plan to use us to further his kingdom.

 

I am learning to let go of the past…and use it only for a reference point…a way of thinking about what choices I made that did not fit in God’s future plans for me. I am letting go of many of the material things that used to drive my thinking so God can teach me how to make better choices.  I am learning the value of living each day for its own value…and letting God have complete control of my future.

 

Father…thank  you for the reminder that I should be so focused you that I will want nothing more than what you have already blessed me with.  Forgive me for ever thinking that I need more than what the resources you have provided me with can provide.  Help me to live one day at a time…accepting all that happens as a pathway to finding your peace that surpasses all understanding. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment