Saturday, May 10, 2014

Beautiful Is On The Inside


Proverbs 19: 22 -  Loyalty makes a person attractive. And it is better to be poor than dishonest.

 

Solomon included this verse in chapter 19 to remind us how much more important our inside is than our outside.  The qualities that make us attractive to others are found on the inside of our heart.  The loyalty he speaks of is our allegiance to the ways of Christ. It builds in us character…kindness…and helps us become the person God wants us to become in his son.

 

We tend to think that the real measure of a person is the way they look and appear on the outside. We spend money on clothes and makeup and purses and hair products and nails….all in an effort to look our best on the outside. We can paint and trim the outside all we want…but if we don’t give the same attention to the inside it will never be useful to God.

 

I am guilty….I spend a great amount of my check on clothes…and haircuts….and makeup.  I needed the reminder that I need to spend as much time shaping my heart into what God wants…as I do worrying about how I look on the outside.

 

Father…thank you for the reminder that people see the real me….my heart and character…through all the fancy clothes and makeup and cute haircuts.  Help me to spend as much time making my inside beautiful as I do trying to make the outside less scary for the world to view. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment