Thursday, May 1, 2014

All Things Work For Good


Romans 8:28 - And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

 

Been struggling all week with feelings of doubt over the move I had planned this summer. I was so ready to retire….move back home and start a new season of life.  I had prayed that God give me clear directions…and even expected at some point for the mail to deliver a letter with exact instructions…as if God worked that way all the time. 

 

It is no accident that I have been reading in Proverbs this week either.  Wisdom comes in ways we don’t always perceive sometimes.  Today it came in the form an e-mail….from the loan company handling my loan for the house I planned to live in at home.  The details are not in important…but it stated clearly that they could not proceed with the loan.

 

That is strike three for me…in the quest to buy a home…a clear message that I somehow misread the signs…even the three turtles I saw at the last one.  I have an uncanny peace about what should have been a very sad moment….another sign that God is still working in my life and it will all work out for good.

 

Father…thank you for the clear message today…and the peace that you have given my soul about the news that changes my plans for the next year.  Continue to guide my thoughts and show me the good that you have planned here in London….as I continue to teach…..and live in the humble rock house I rent. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment