Sunday, May 11, 2014

Are Your Motives Pure?


Proverbs 20:24-27 - How can we understand the road we travel? It is the LORD who directs our steps.  It is dangerous to make a rash promise to God before counting the cost.  A wise king finds the wicked, lays them out like wheat, then runs the crushing wheel over them.  The LORD's searchlight penetrates the human spirit, exposing every hidden motive.


 

Solomon compiled many random thoughts of wisdom in this chapter….from warnings of drinking and fighting to lending to strangers.  The Christian that is trying to better himself has much to think about. In the end though…it is God that directs our steps….we may never understand everything that has happened to us along the way.

 

Solomon also reminds us that God knows every thought before it becomes a reality. He sees deep down in our heart…and knows the motive for every action we do …24/7. Instead of worrying and trying to understand what has already happened in my life…I should take some time to look deep down inside my own heart…and make sure every motive God sees is pure…and in alignment with his will for my life.

 

Father…thank you for the reminder that you are in control…and I always have your strength and power to rely on when I am weak and confused.  Help me to keep my heart more pure…and evaluate my motives for everything that I do…so I can make sure that I am in the center of your will for my life. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment