Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Bother God With ALL Your Troubles


Isaiah 7:9-14 -  The head of Ephraim is Samaria, and the head of Samaria is only Remaliah's son. If you do not stand firm in your faith, you will not stand at all.' "  Again the LORD spoke to Ahaz, "Ask the LORD your God for a sign, whether in the deepest depths or in the highest heights." But Ahaz said, "I will not ask; I will not put the LORD to the test."  Then Isaiah said, "Hear now, you house of David! Is it not enough to try the patience of men? Will you try the patience of my God also?  Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.

 

Ahaz was in a great mess…and he could not stop worrying about it.  God told Isaiah to tell Ahaz to stop worrying   …to even ask God for a sign to seal the deal.   But  Ahaz would not …he felt asking for a sign was putting God to a test.  It was in that moment that God gave Ahaz his own sign…and let the prophecy of the Messiah come ….a baby born of a virgin….Emanuel….God with us.

 

We have all been in Ahaz’s shoes before….worried about something…and not wanting to bother God with our worries.  Perhaps we feel we deserved the trouble we are in…perhaps we have been so distant from God that we don’t think he will listen…or perhaps we already have a glimpse of what he will tell us to do and we don’t want to hear it be made real.

 

The truth is that God won’t ask us to do anything that he hasn’t already equipped us with the skills to do it.  It is satan that tricks us into thinking that we are useless…worthless…too distant for God to help. It is satan that confuses our heart into thinking that we can’t help God because we are not equipped.  The key is believing in the promise of Philippians 4:13….I CAN do ALL things THROUGH CHRIST who gives me strength.

 

Once we believe that God Is our strength…we begin to understand what Paul wrote in 1 Corinthians 1:13….. “No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.”  It will be just like is was with Jesus when he was tempted…the scripture we need will just be there in our heart…ready to tell satan to bug off…God has this for us.

 

Father…thank you for the reminder that I am strongest when I admit my weakness to you…and let you take control.  Help me to believe that you will listen to all that I ask you to help me with…give me your strength to do what you have called me to do. Forgive me for the times I have let satan confuse me into using only my own power and falling far from your will.  Keep me focused on you…so you can infuse me with all that I need to be all that you made me to be. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment