Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Share His Love With The Most People You Can


Isaiah 13:9-11 - For see, the day of the LORD is coming -- the terrible day of his fury and fierce anger. The land will be destroyed and all the sinners with it.  The heavens will be black above them. No light will shine from stars or sun or moon.  "I, the LORD, will punish the world for its evil and the wicked for their sin. I will crush the arrogance of the proud and the haughtiness of the mighty.

 

Isaiah foretold the end of the world…a terrible day when God would unleash his fury and anger of the evil in the world.  He will crush the arrogance of the proud forever and bring an end to all haughtiness. He will destroy the land as we know it and darken the sky above.

 

John backed up his prophecy in Revelation 17-18. But John was able to tell us a bit about the good in this seemingly bad time.  God is going to save those of us that cling to him and trust him completely. The end of evil will usher in a time of perfect peace for all of us that do not denounce the God who saved us.

 

For me it is easier to concentrate on the positive side of this chapter…..but perhaps it should think about all the people that will be destroyed that haven’t made a choice to follow God.  Jesus left us all with a mission to tell others about his great love. If I really love him like I say I do…then that will be my priority …every day…every opportunity he grants me to tell something he has done for me.

 

Father….thank you for the reminder that this world is not my permanent home.  You will someday…maybe sooner than I think…bring an end to this earth as I know it. Help me to keep that in mind when I talk to those I know don’t follow you.   Show me how to share your love to the most people so that heaven will be filled with more people that love and follow you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment