Thursday, July 17, 2014

Trust God....Completely....And Exclusively


Isaiah 19:3-5  - The Egyptians will lose heart, and I will confuse their plans. They will plead with their idols for wisdom. They will call on spirits, mediums, and psychics to show them which way to turn.  I will hand Egypt over to a hard, cruel master, to a fierce king," says the Lord, the LORD Almighty.  The waters of the Nile will fail to rise and flood the fields. The riverbed will be parched and dry.

 

Isaiah was given these words to stop the Israelites from forming an alliance with Egypt.  God wanted his people to know that they did not need the help of any nation …that they needed to rely on just him. Egypt did not rely on God…they turned to spirits….mediums…and psychics to help them make their decisions.

 

That is really what God wants for all of us….to drop all other ways of making decisions….and let him help us do everything we need to do.  He wants us to realize that his help is all that we need….and begin to trust him for everything.  He wants us to claim the promise of Zechariah 4:6 that says…“Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit, 'Says the Lord of hosts’”.

 

Jesus told us about the Holy Spirit that was being sent to help us after he returned to Heaven to get things ready for us to live there too. His words just before his ascension are recorded in John 14:26-27.  He said, …But when the Father sends the Counselor as my representative -- and by the Counselor I mean the Holy Spirit -- he will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I myself have told you.  "I am leaving you with a gift -- peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give isn't like the peace the world gives. So don't be troubled or afraid.”

 

That tells me that if I trust God with every promise…..especially the ones he let Jesus vocalize during his 33 years on Earth… I never have to worry again.  I can use the gift of his Holy Spirit to comfort and guide me in all that I do. I can ask God to help me make any decision I need to make…so that I can be assured that it lines up with his will and plan for my life.  I don’t need horoscopes….or Ouija boards.  We are expected to use the resources he left us with like the Bible…prayer….and the counsel of godly friends. And every once in a while he may even send us a sign…but be careful with those signs…if satan knows what we expect from God as a sign…he has the power to manifest them too.  God will allow it if he thinks he can use it to teach us more about trusting him.

 

Father…thank you for the reminder that I need to let go of the world’s way of making decisions and learn to trust you completely.  Forgive me for the times that I have completely left you out of a decision.  And ….forgive me for the times that I have leaned a little too much on the world and manipulated what I thought you wanted.  Help me to search deeply in my heart for the Holy Spirit you let live inside me…so that I can always use it to help me make any decision.  Help me to claim and feel the peace you promised to us if we trust you with all things. Open my eyes completely to any schemes that satan tries to confuse me with.  Give me the power of discernment to see through his lies.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment