Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Listen...God Is Angry


Isaiah 34:1-2 - Come here and listen, O nations of the earth. Let the world and everything in it hear my words.  For the LORD is enraged against the nations. His fury is against all their armies. He will completely destroy them, bringing about their slaughter.

 

Isaiah is back to delivering the harsh words of judgment to the nations around him.  First …he gets their attention. Then he delivers these very simple…very clear words.  God is not happy with our world…he is angry…he will eventually destroy it.

 

We are told the specifics of why God is angry this time.  Isaiah just pours out vision of how God is going to reverse the order of the creatures he placed on the Earth.  Man is going to the bottom of the list…and the birds of the air will have the say so in how things are ruled. Death will be so great the blood of men will stain the Earth.

 

I have to admit…it is so very hard to read these harsh words…they paint such a horrid picture in my head.  I selfishly want to be gone from the Earth before this happens…cause God is going to have to give me a better stomach to endure this scene.  I can’t even watch scary movies…the blood and gore is just too real to my heart.

 

I don’t want anyone I love to be here either.  And since the Bible tells me I must love everyone (read John 4:7)…that means I need to be warning everyone about this horrible time so we will all be in Heaven when it happens.

 

Don’t think that you can just say it has already happened…or we will all be raptured out before it gets too bad….cause I sure haven’t found a concrete scripture that proves completely either point of view. If you think about it….it is satan that tries to put those thoughts in your head anyway.  He knows that if we justify the horror away…then we won’t work as hard to spread the gospel.

 

The reminder for me…is to always keep the worst it could get in my spirit…so I never forget what God is going to save me from. If I keep my mind stayed on him…(Go back to Isaiah 26:3)…then his peace will protect my heart from worrying about it at all.  And that will free up all my energy to do the work he place me to do in the first place. The worry I might have engaged in will become power to stand through any storm that might come before I am called to Heaven.

 

Father…thank you for the reminder that you are all I need.  Thank you for reminding me that this is not my permanent home.  Thank you for giving my life purpose and meaning and showing me how to weather the storms in my life so far. Help me to always keep in the very far corners of my heart the vision of the end…so I will always remember to thank you for saving me. Keep it there to prompt me to share your love with others…so we can all be together in Heaven some day. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment