Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Ponder God's Goodness In Your Heart


Isaiah 36:8-9 -  "I'll tell you what! My master, the king of Assyria, will strike a bargain with you. If you can find two thousand horsemen in your entire army, he will give you two thousand horses for them to ride on!  With your tiny army, how can you think of challenging even the weakest contingent of my master's troops, even with the help of Egypt's chariots and horsemen?

 

Even King Hezekiah…one of the best…most righteous kings ever to rule….had a weak spot.  And satan had a plan…to send the enemy in and try to strike a deal. Hezekiah thought he was strong… but his confidence in the wealth he had accumulated ended up being his downfall.  

 

Isaiah was given the task of letting Hezekiah know that even though he did not accept the enemies offer…he let his enemy in the back door when he exposed all that he had to those ambassadors.  He falsely thought that this army was too weak to hurt him…or threaten what wealth he had built up.

 

It is that way with satan…if we don’t let him in the front door…he will just find a way to get in the back door…or even climb through a window. He lies and schemes and tricks us into speaking out loud things that we should be keeping to our self.

 

I think of Mary…just after Jesus was born…and those kings came to visit.  How humbled it must have made her feel to have those great wise men bow before her and her son. She could have let it puff he up in pride and rattle off that he was going to be king someday too! But she didn’t.  Luke 2:19 says…. “But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart.”

 

It is a huge reminder for me to keep silent more than I speak….which means I got a lot of work to do. Gods knows I love to talk more than anything.  Yes… there is a time to brag on God…but more times than we do…we are to ponder and seek the lesson for ourselves.   Another friend reminds me often that what I say in my spirit is for God’s ears only….and what satan can’t hear…he can’t attack.

 

Father….thank you for the reminder that you allow me to witness with my eyes…and hear with my ears….sometimes….. just to let it sink into my heart and seep way down deep into my soul.  Forgive me for the times that I have set myself up for an attack of satan because I did not know when to shut up.  Help me learn to bridle my tongue…so you can reveal just the right moment…and just the right person to brag on you….so what comes out of my mouth is pure praise for what you have brought me through.  Stop me any way you need to when I am about to turn any testimony into a bragging session that will increase the pride I so desperately fight to stay under control. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment