Thursday, July 3, 2014

Think With The Power Of God


Isaiah 8:11-13 -  The LORD has said to me in the strongest terms: "Do not think like everyone else does.  Do not be afraid that some plan conceived behind closed doors will be the end of you.  Do not fear anything except the LORD Almighty. He alone is the Holy One. If you fear him, you need fear nothing else.

 

These words that God gave to Isaiah for King Ahaz are really for all of us. We need not fear the plans of men when we have the power of God on our side.  We are not to think like everyone else…we are to think with the power of God.

 

Fear is a trap of satan.  It can freeze your feet faster than anything else satan throws at you. But this scripture speaks a truth….if we truly understand God’s ways….and see him as the holy God he is…our only fear would be that God is not a part of our life.

 

Moses took that fear of losing God and used it to pick up a rod that God had turned into a snake. Abraham took that fear of losing God and hiked up a tall mountain to sacrifice his son.  Paul took that fear and changed his name to Saul…and used it to become a mighty preacher to teach about the God that had transformed him from a murderer. 

 

I admit…I have not licked all the human fears that satan throws at me.  I am getting better at recognizing them….but it sneaks in more than God wants it too I am sure.  I look forward to the day that I can walk in the wilderness….tempted by satan and immediately recognize his sultry voice.  Then God will give me just the right scripture verse to give me courage and I will bravely send satan packing.

 

Father…thank you for the reminder that you are all that I need….and that I only need to be afraid of what would happen if you were not constantly by my side.  Thank you for all you have done to help me grow and understand how important you are to my life.  Forgive me for allowing satan to trick me so many times.  Give me a new passion this morning to study and pray with more fervor than ever before…so you can build me into a servant who fears nothing except a life spent without you.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment