Monday, July 7, 2014

Think And Thank Like A Child


Isaiah 11:4-6 -  He will defend the poor and the exploited. He will rule against the wicked and destroy them with the breath of his mouth.  He will be clothed with fairness and truth.  In that day the wolf and the lamb will live together; the leopard and the goat will be at peace. Calves and yearlings will be safe among lions, and a little child will lead them all.

 

Isaiah foretold of the time when the messiah would come and reestablish the royal line of David. He would usher in a time of justice…peace…fairness.  Even the animals would be at peace with each other…no need to be predators and fend for themselves. The most amazing part of this prophecy is the fact that a little child will lead us all.

 

I am not surprised.  Matthew 18:3 recorded the stern words of Jesus as he was talking to some super religious men one day.  He said…. “And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.”  Jesus was telling them that they needed to have the blind faith and acceptance that we tend to throw off as we grow up. Bitterness…tragedy …hurts and hate are what tell us to build a wall to keep ourselves protected.

 

It is no accident that this reminder comes on the morning after I picked up my granddaughter to stay for a week.  I will get a huge dose of that blind faith this week. I look forward to God tearing down the remnants of any walls I have built up in protection of a hurtful world. …so I can stay childlike…and accept the spiritual …even supernatural things that don’t always have a human explanation. 

 

Father…thank you for the reminder that you are in the process of completing a major plan that will usher in a peace that will bring all anger…all bitterness…all jealously to a permanent end.  Forgive me for losing so much of my childlike faith and not accepting….even recognizing all the things you have done to begin to usher in this peace.   Help me to learn from the child you have placed in my life this week …and really open up my heart to see and believe in all the miracle you do daily around me…even if I can’t explain them with the head knowledge you have helped me to store there.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment