Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Tap Into God's Holiness


Isaiah 6:1-3 –  In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple.  Above him were seraphs, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying.  And they were calling to one another: "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory."  

 

Isaiah was privileged to see a vision of the glory of God. He explained what he saw in simple terms….capturing a picture of God completely filling the Temple with a glory he could only describe as smoke. Seraphs or angels flew back and forth to sing out Holy…so overwhelmed themselves by the holiness that they covered their eyes and feet.

 

It was a pivotal moment for Isaiah…for he realized how much of a sinner he was.  God cleansed his sin…and called him into the ministry.  He used Isaiah as his voice to a world gone crazy with selfishness and sin. …so a tenth of these stubborn people could be saved. He began to use God’s holiness to help him do things his human…sinful heart could never accomplish alone.

 

It reminds me of my own pivotal moment….after Mitchell died.  I realized that no amount of human love could ever do for me what God’s holiness can do. I did see one simple vision as I searched for healing….a simple cloud with millions of faces….and Jesus smiling at me from the bottom corner of the cloud. I did not know any of the people…but I heard in my spirit the scripture from Hebrews 12:1.   It says…. “ Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,

 

Perhaps those faces are the many people God was going to use to heal my broken heart. They have helped me see ….like Isaiah that God gave me a purpose after he cleansed me of my own sin.  Perhaps they are the people God will allow my writing to minister too.  My heart believes it is a combination of the two…for we have to work together in this tricky world that satan walks…so that we can concentrate more on God’s holiness…than the problems around us that bring us down.

 

Father….thank you for the reminder that you are holy.  I praise and thank you for loving this world so much that you allowed your son to leave his holiness in Heaven with you…and walk the tricky world to teach us how to truly love.  Thank you for giving him the strength to accept his call…and die to cleanse us all form our sin. Help me to daily admit that I need you to touch my unclean lips each morning….and pour enough of you into my spirit to do what you need me to do. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment