Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Drink Deeply From God's Fountain Of Joy


Isaiah 12:1-4 -  In that day you will sing: "Praise the LORD! He was angry with me, but now he comforts me.  See, God has come to save me. I will trust in him and not be afraid. The LORD GOD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation."  With joy you will drink deeply from the fountain of salvation!  In that wonderful day you will sing: "Thank the LORD! Praise his name! Tell the world what he has done. Oh, how mighty he is!

 

Isaiah spoke of the time that we are released from any influence of the world and satan’s evil. He said that we would be so overcome with thankfulness that we would sing praise to God…trust him with no fear….and experience joy like we have never known.  Our mouths will not be able to stop uttering praise after praise to God.

 

I think on a small scale…anyone who has given their heart to the Lord has experienced this feeling of euphoria. We are so relaxed and feel so free from the burdens we carried that we see life in a whole new light. Jesus talked about the light yolk he would exchange for our old yolk of heaviness in Matthew 11:30. Or perhaps you would rather think of it in terms of the chains he frees us from when we are saved…like written in Nahum 1:13.

 

I am reminded how much God has been with me since the loss of two husbands.  The first loss from divorce left me feeling abandoned and a failure for the thirty years we spent together.  The second loss left me a widow after just one month of marriage. Even if I count the few months we dated…I felt shorted of the sweet love I had found in Mitchell. Amazingly God replaces any sadness with a bit of this incomprehensible joy that Isaiah speaks of here every morning that O rise to tell him how much I love him.  The more I thank him for saving me from a life of sadness and bitterness…the more joy he lets me experience.

 

Father…thank you for reminding me of all you have saved me from. I praise you and trust you with the rest of the days you have assigned to me on this Earth. Thank you for allowing me to exchange some of my sadness for the joy only you can give.  Help me to tell everyone about your wondrous love…so that they can find out how to break the chains that bind them. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment