Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Are You In God's Waiting Room?


Psalm 62:5-8 - Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.  He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge.  Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. "Selah"

 

David life was a mixed bag of joy and sorrow. He enjoyed moments of pure joy and elation…but dispersed between them was trouble and sorrow. He praised God when it was good…and he sat in prayer at God’s feet when it was bad. He knew that his problems would be solved if he handed them to God….and waited patiently for his answer.

 

As long as man breathes on this Earth…he will have times of pure joy and elation…mixed with times of sadness and sorrow. I do great with the times of joy…those are easy.  But I sure needed a reminder that when it gets bad…I need to hand it off to God and depend on him to get me through.

 

I tend to try to fix my own problems…but what I am doing is putting a band aide on a wound that really needs stitches from God. I need to sit in that waiting room full of other hurting people…till he decides it’s time to call me back. That’s the hard part….sitting and waiting….and waiting…and sometimes waiting some more.  And those stitches…they are usually painful…and who wants that! God takes that wound….and cleans out all the junk that settled in it from time….and heals it completely.

 

Father….Thank you for the reminder that I need to stop trying to fix things myself…and sit and wait on you in that waiting room…so you can fix me up and use me again.  Help me to stop trying to put band aides on wounds that really need your touch and care…help me to face the pain of those stitches…so I can move forward and let you clean me up to be used again. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment