Friday, January 17, 2014

Trust And Faith Produce Confidence


Psalm 57:1-3 - Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me, for in you my soul takes refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed. I cry out to God Most High, to God, who fulfills his purpose for me.  He sends from heaven and saves me, rebuking those who hotly pursue me; "Selah" God sends his love and his faithfulness.

 

Sometimes…we just have to hunker down till the storm has passed.  David knew that the mess around him was too big for him to handle alone. So he called out to God to have mercy on him …and let him rest in the shadow of his great wings till his storm was past.

 

I can’t think of anywhere else I would like to be.  The most comfortable recliner….comforting hot tub…or softest pillow and sheets…doesn’t hold a candle to the comfort we feel when we run to God…and let him nurture us through the tough parts of life.

 

David even gained confidence as he waited under God’s wing….for by the end of this Psalm David’s cry of mercy had turned into shouts of praise to God.  God had taken his worry and fear …and turned it into a deep faith and trust that produced a quiet confidence…that can counter the enemies worst lies and attacks.

 

Father…thank you for reminding me that you are my hiding place when the world gets rough down here. Thank you for letting me run to you when I don’t know what to do on my own.  Help me to call on you more often when things get out of my control. Produce in me the kind of faith and trust that David had….to be confident that you are always with me….even when I don’t deserve it. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment