Saturday, January 25, 2014

Not Worthy...Just Forgiven...For Everything


Psalm 65:1-4 -  Praise awaits you, O God, in Zion; to you our vows will be fulfilled.  O you who hear prayer, to you all men will come.  When we were overwhelmed by sins, you forgave our transgressions.  Blessed are those you choose and bring near to live in your courts! We are filled with the good things of your house, of your holy temple.

 

I am constantly amazed at the attitude of prayer that David had.  In good times and bad…he always took time to thank God for the blessings in his life. I feel one of the reasons David was so thankful was he realized he did not deserve not one of the blessings he had received. He was a sinner…that had been forgiven his sins…and he felt blessed to be counted as a child of God.

 

Sin left unforgiven…grows and festers into hate and bitterness.  It consumes the heart...and convinces us that we are unworthy to even ask God to save us.  But God forgives all sin….no matter how much….or how horrible the world sees it.  God wraps it in the cloak of his love and dissolves everything we ever did to deserve death.  He takes us by the hand and forgives us…and gives us a new start in life.  A clean slate…no matter how bad our lives were before.

 

It’s that forgiveness that helps us see the good in everything around us.  If we truly take the time to reflect on what that forgiveness cost Jesus….we sure can’t trump the suffering he did on that cross. Our problems fade into an understanding that nothing we endure here in our life will ever compare to what he did to provide everlasting life for us.

 

Father…I thank you for my second chance.  Help me to always remember that you have forgiven me and provided for me a way to live forever with you.  I thank you for the abundance of blessings in my life...even the ones I at first thought were bad. Help me to be more like David…and find the good in everything that happens to me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment