Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Let God Turn Your Worries And pain Into Joy And Peace


Psalm 54:4-7- Surely God is my help; the Lord is the one who sustains me. Let evil recoil on those who slander me; in your faithfulness destroy them. I will sacrifice a freewill offering to you; I will praise your name, O LORD, for it is good. For he has delivered me from all my troubles, and my eyes have looked in triumph on my foes.

 

Many of David’s Psalms followed a simple pattern.  His urgent requests and cries of great need…transitioned into cries of great praise and thankfulness…all in one session. One second he was crying out in pain and grief…the next he was praising God for a triumph …in advance.

 

It was David’s deep relationship with God...that produced a constant honest communication…that resulted in a cleansing of his pain each time he prayed. God took each of David’s problems from him…so he did not feel the full weight of them anymore.

 

It is one of the great benefits of knowing God on the deepest levels. When we come and lay our burdens at his feet….he will take those heartfelt expressions of worry and turmoil….and replace  them with a peace that gives us an unexplainable joy…amidst the turmoil we felt just moments before in our prayer.

 

Father…I thank you for the reminder that I do not have to carry any burden or worry alone.  Help me to be like David…and bring each of my worries…and all of the pain I feel in this life…and lay them at your feet. Don’t let me pick them back up again…but instead ….let you replace my pain and worry with your love and grace…so peace will surround me and you can develop in me a great faith and trust in your complete plan for my life. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment