Thursday, January 23, 2014

Replace Worries With Praise


Psalm 63:6-8 -  On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night.  Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings.  My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me.

 

David must have had many sleepless nights.  Whether hiding from enemies …or praying for forgiveness for his sins…he used the time he could not rest to think on the only one who could save him from his worries. His sleepless nights were spent recounting the good things God had done for him….and asking for God’s continued love and guidance.

 

David’s time of reflection became quiet moments of prayer time with the father. His worry melted into sweet peace and strength as he laid the burdens of his heart at the feet of Jesus.  His heart was filled with so much gratitude and love that he overflowed with words of praise and worship.

 

It really does us no good to worry.  The sleep we lose ruins our next day….and satan takes that worry and begins to compound it till we are completely consumed by it. He tries to convince us that the problems we are worrying about are bigger than God.

 

David reminds us that God is the only way to deal with the burdens that life deals us each day.  He is bigger that any problem we could ever face. The trick now is to remember this great advice the next time I have a worry that threatens to consume me and keep me up at night.

 

Father…thank you for the reminder that you are the answer to every problem I could ever be faced with.  Place in my heart an alarm that goes off with these great words of David…the next time a worry creeps into my head.  Help me to spend some quiet reflection time with you…recounting all the good you have done for me…so I can feel the sweet love that David felt fill my heart with so much confidence and strength that I end up worshiping you instead of worrying. Amen.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment