Tuesday, January 21, 2014

God's Power Is Stronger When We Are Weak


Psalm 61 1-4-  Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer.  From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I.  For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe.  I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings. "Selah"

 

David was in a season of life when he was too weak to do anything on his own. His emotions were spent.  His physical condition was weak.  He knew that if it were up to him...he would lose the battle. He knew in his own strength he had no chance at all.

 

But David knew his resources did not end with his own abilities. David knew that he could tap into ta never ending well of strength and safety….a tower that would protect him when his own strength was gone. So he crawled under the mighty wings of God and just waited out the storm around him.

 

What’s really cool…is when we admit like David…that we have reached the end of our own resources…God comes in with himself and begins to strengthen us exactly the way he wants us to be. Just like Paul….who struggled daily with some kind of ‘thorn’ in his flesh.  He wrote in 2 Corinthians 12:9…  “But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.”

 

I find such comfort knowing that I don’t have to worry if I am strong enough…God can use me exactly the way I am.  The more I get myself out of the way…and let him fill me with his spirit and love… the stronger my faith becomes….the more I can actually do to help him win others to the kingdom.

 

Father...thank you for reminding me that I need to keep pushing me out of my life…so you can come in and replace my weaknesses with your strength.  Help me to be like David and Paul…and never forget that you are right beside me…and I need to run to you ….crawl up in your lap…and let you speak life into me when I run out of gas. Help me to share that life with others…and use my words to speak life into them as well.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment