Thursday, January 16, 2014

Remember....Trust.....Praise


Psalm 56:10-13 - In God, whose word I praise, in the LORD, whose word I praise-- in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?  I am under vows to you, O God; I will present my thank offerings to you.  For you have delivered me from death and my feet from stumbling, that I may walk before God in the light of life.

 

No matter what we are facing…God is walking with us …through the good and the bad.  When times are good…it is easy to praise and thank God for his great gifts. It is when he allows us to feel the pressures of earthly life…the sting of death…the pain of sickness…the backlash of a friend who has turned on us…that we need to remember David’s 3 part remedy for pushing past the emotions of sadness and bitterness.

 

David tells us in this Psalm to remember first that God is with us…no matter what.  He walks with us everywhere we go once we ask him to live in our heart.  Then he tells us to trust God to only let what is best for us happen in our life….just like he read in Deuteronomy  1:30-31   which says… “The LORD your God, who is going before you, will fight for you, as he did for you in Egypt, before your very eyes,  and in the desert. There you saw how the LORD your God carried you, as a father carries his son, all the way you went until you reached this place."

 

Then David took the time to praise God for all he had done…and all that he was going to do in the future. He thanked God …in advance….because he trusted God to keep his great promises. Jeremiah 29:11 says… “For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

 

Thank you father for the great lesson in this Psalm.  Thank you for remembering me…no matter where I end up getting sidetracked.  Thank you for reminding me to trust you…to do what is best for me.  Thank you in advance for all the blessings you will pour into my life…even though I deserve none of them.  I praise you for the promise that you have plans to give my future hope and prosperity. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment