Monday, January 6, 2014

Let Go Of Fear


Psalm 46:1-4 - To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of the sons of Korah. A Song for Alamoth. God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble.  Therefore we will not fear, Even though the earth be removed, And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;Though its waters roar and be troubled, Though the mountains shake with its swelling. Selah  There is a river whose streams shall make glad the city of God, The holy place of the tabernacle of the Most High.

 

The world will end one day…just flip your Bible and peek at the ending. Revelation paints a pretty glim picture for those that do not cling to God and his ways. But for those that believe in God…and claim his promise here in Psalms….we do not have to fear the end of the world.  He will carry us through whatever happens to end life as we know it….to a life with him in the city he has prepared in Heaven.

 

Fear is a dangerous emotion…it is not one we need to let hang around us for very long.  Satan uses the fear in our heart to plant seeds of doubt…that weaken our relationship with God and destroy the trust we have even with each other. The words of the great prophet in Isaiah 41:10 told the people of God… “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”

 

I know it is easier said than believed completely.   Even though we know in our hearts that God has the power to do anything we ask… there is at least one thing we fear God won’t do for us. Is the problem that we won’t let go of the fear…or the thing we think we need so much?

 

The writer of this Psalm wants us to grasp the full power of that living water we have when we accept God into our life. He is our river…his living water providing for us everything we need to live a live fully focused on him.  The water can spring up any place…all we have to do is call for him….and it will wash away any fear or doubt that has managed to creep into our hearts.  His river will make glad the city we live in now…carrying us with his power to do whatever he needs us to do.

 

Father…I thank you for the reminder that I have a well of unlimited water….a river of life that runs straight through my heart. Help me to use it daily to wash away the seeds of fear…of doubt…of mistrust…of sadness…of uncertainty… that satan tries out plant in my heart.  be my refuge and teach me how to live inside it every day…and never venture so far away that I can’t hear your voice. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment