Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Inspect Your Temple For Weaknesses


Psalm 48:9 and 12-14 - Within your temple, O God, we meditate on your unfailing love.

Walk about Zion, go around her, count her towers, consider well her ramparts, view her citadels, that you may tell of them to the next generation. For this God is our God for ever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end.

 

The sons of Korah were talking about a physical Temple that was destroyed more than once before current day Christians could drink in its beauty.  After a battle…they were told to walk around its perimeter and inspect it for any damage. They were told to meditate on God’s love… thank God for the victory they had been handed and tell the next generation that God was almighty and ever present.

 

Some say that this grand structure will be reestablished someday. Isaiah 2 and Revelation 21 both speak of the Temple’s permanent role in Christ’s return….but if you think about it…. 1 Corinthians 6:19 says…. “ Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own.”

 

That tells me I should spend some time inspecting my own temple for the weaknesses I have incurred from the sin in my life. I need to meditate on God’s unfailing love for me…thank him for saving me…and get to work on repairing any damage my personal battles have made to my temple. I need a strong temple to protect me from any more attacks from satan...so I can get to the real work of spreading the love of God to others.

 

To identify weaknesses…find new purpose and direction….or find the things we need to repair damage…we need to use God as our map and guide. He gave us the best map ever written…a comprehensive Bible…that must studied….and be taken with us everywhere we go. We need to connect with God on a daily basis in prayer…so that he can be our guide.

 

If we keep our foundation strong…even if there has been extensive damage…God can rebuild it with his love.  He rebuilt the damage satan tried to do to Jesus’ temple in 3 days.  Against all human odds…he suffered on a cross…died…and was raised to new life as a sacrifice for all. He provided a way for all to come to know him…and experience the life changing forgiveness of sin that can repair the most damaged people.

 

Thank you God for reminding me to take the time each day to examine the temple you allow me to live each day.  Help me to count all the victories you have provided and shout praise to you for each one. Help me to find any damage sin has done to my relationship with you…so I can ask you to repair it. Show me how to share the great unfailing love you have given to me with others. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment