Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Let God Carry You


Psalm 68:19-22 – Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens. "Selah"  Our God is a God who saves; from the Sovereign LORD comes escape from death.  Surely God will crush the heads of his enemies, the hairy crowns of those who go on in their sins.  The Lord says, "I will bring them from Bashan; I will bring them from the depths of the sea,

 

David’s great psalm begins much like Moses began his praise speech in Numbers 10…when they began the great procession behind the Ark of God. His heart was so full of praise and  love for God…his words could not contain the depth of his awe. 

 

David wrote a great truth in this psalm… God bears every burden we have with us….walking with us so he can help us if we need him.  Just as one man was picked to help bear the heavy weight of the cross for Jesus….he sits at the right hand of God and intercedes for us…bearing our burdens for us.

 

I am reminded of that great poem…Footprints In The sand.  God walks with us every day…but sometimes there is only one set of footprints.  It is those time times that God picks us up like that man picked up Jesus’ cross…and he carries us completely …till he can give us what we need to walk on our own again.

 

He sure has carried me through some tough storms…and even though I did not deserve to be carried…he did it anyway. I am but a toddler now…walking on my own a little….but reaching out to take his hand quickly when I feel my confidence waiver. I think I will stay a toddler forever…I like the thought of God always being there if I need him.

 

Father…thank you for the reminder that you have always been by my side…through everything you have allowed in my life…good or bad. I thank you for carrying me…whenever I needed it.  Build in me a confidence to know when to let go of your hand and walk on my own….and when to quickly grab hold again. Don’t let me get too far away from you…or run ahead without you.  Put a hedge of protection around me….so I can always be inside your great circle of love and grace.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment