Friday, January 24, 2014

God Has A Plan For Injustice


Psalm 64: 1-3 - Hear me, O God, as I voice my complaint; protect my life from the threat of the enemy.  Hide me from the conspiracy of the wicked, from that noisy crowd of evildoers.  They sharpen their tongues like swords and aim their words like deadly arrows.

 

David needed God to listen to him voice a complaint.  His life was in danger because men had taken a notion that they knew more than God what needed to happen in the kingdom. The conspiracy that followed had David running and hiding in caves…till God’s timing brought justice to the the evil plots of man.

 

It could have been when Saul was not ready to give up the throne to his son’s best friend…or later in David’s life when his own son sought to overthrow the man God had anointed king.  They gathered many men around them that plotted against the chosen of God…their evil spreading into the hearts of others…and attacking an innocent man.

 

It gives me comfort to know that God hears all our prayers.  If the great king David could bring a complaint to God…then we all have the right to voice our own protests of the injustice we see around us. God wants us to be honest…and share what is on our heart.   After all…he already knows what we feel there…even before we realize it ourselves sometimes.

 

David wanted God to correct it and let the world see who was really in charge.  Then the people would know that God was watching over his people…and they would rejoice in the great miracle he did. I would go one step more with that logic…for as the lost saw God’s hand come down and right some of the injustice in our own world…they too would come one step closer to seeing and believing in the great power of God.

                                                     

Father…thank you for the reminder that some of my prayers can be petitions of complaint to you…about the injustice that has consumed this world I live in. I am luckier than David…and you have provided for me a safe place in this nation to worship you and rejoice in the great miracles that you do for people each day.  But there are places…where men believe it is okay to abuse children….or beat their wives.  Other places exist that have no food…or adequate clothing.  And still other places exist where Christians are persecuted  for loving you and calling out your name. …..but you already knew that.  Help me trust in your great plan to right all these wrongs.  And the next time I want to complain about something minor in my own life….bring to my heart the others who suffer so much more than me. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment